UNITED METHODIST CHURCH WESLEY OLONGAPO
THROUGH OLONGAPO WESLEY SCHOOL, INC
July 14, 2015
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
MAINIT NA PAGBATI SA KAPATIRANG WESLEY OLONGAPO DITO SA PILIPINAS, SA IBANG BAYAN, AT SA IBA’T IBANG BANSA.
On 4 October 2014 your church school dedicated to God a 774 sqm lot, at No 4 Oregon St, Kalaklan, Olongapo City, purchased for 7.7 million PHP to construct a new school building that will house the new Junior and high school department of Olongapo Wesley School. Our Manila Episcopal Area (MEA) Bishop Rudy Juan, Zambales District Superintendent Roger Ebalo, and Olongapo City officials, officiated the ground-breaking ceremony. Also present were the school Board of Trustees, incorporators, school executives, faculty, and most especially, our students.
We invite you, brothers, sisters and friends, to be our companions and partners of PROJECT JOSHUA (Joshua 1.9), OWS’ response to the K-12 Program mandated by the Philippines’ Department of Education.
The building is envisioned to be a four-storey school and, God willing, could also offer Tertiary and special theological education in the future. The entire project, inclusive of pre-construction, actual construction and equipping of facilities, is projected for completion in April 2016. The total project cost is estimated at 50 Million PHP.
Your architect (Architect Mark Cruz), also a member of the OWS Board of Trustees, marks 2015-2016 as the critical “phase” of the Kalaklan facilities to be completed by April 2016 to coincide with DEPED’s K-12 Program
The project is definitely NOT SHORT-TERM, yet the need for a bigger campus, state-of-the-art facilities, and more critical of all, for addressing the present pressing needs of the new academic community, are not to be ignored if OWS and UMC Olongapo are to fulfill God’s missional vision and direction for Olongapo city and Zambales, as well. Thus, despite the daunting task ahead, we invoke
JOSHUA 1.9 ( the commander of God’s army to Joshua regarding the conquest of the Promised Land):
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified;
do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
We have chosen this verse and Joshua as our biblical inspiration. We pray that You will be our faithful companions in achieving this initiative in the coming years. OWS will of course source construction funds from its savings and other fund-sourcing plans of which you will be informed. This said, we will still need to proactively build up more resources for the 2 remaining phases of PROJECT JOSHUA from 2016-2017 to 2017-2018.
CROSSING THE JORDAN
We then appeal to you, companions and partners, to CROSS THE JORDAN WITH US. Locally, we are presently planning for fund (as well as “friend”) raising projects: concerts, Christian theatrical plays, fun-run and sports fest, bazaars, alumni association campaign initiatives, conducting seminars, etc.
We have also laid out promotional and advertising campaigns via multi-media. We are sure that as companions and partners, you could also initiate your own fund-raising campaigns in your neck of the woods, why not?
Your participation in the JOSHUA PROJECT could come in many other ways:
_____ by prayers of support and encouragement
_____ by spreading the word to our brothers, sisters, UMC friends & symphatizers, who like us, would like to see God’s building up in Kalaklan in the near future
_____ by personal/individual or collective church pledges or contribution at a frequency you prefer
_____ by pledging in kind and materials (ex. Church , association, SGM can “donate” a classroom in their name, or such)
_____ by sharing with us your successful strategies in similar campaign projects
_____ by letting us know new addresses of OWUMC or OWS members/alumni
_____ by creating your own fund-raising campaigns dedicated to PROJECT JOSHUA 2016-2018.
_____ by other ways and means you wish to undertake.
In all of these, we your counterparts, will appreciate ANY AND ALL ASSISTANCE. WE PRAY THAT WE WILL NOT GROW WEARY UNTIL OUR VISION IS ACHIEVED IN 2018!
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU, COMPANIONS, PARTNERS, FRIENDS
1. Through regular updates, you will be informed of all fund-raising programs held during the project period.
2. All your contributions and support will be valued.
For convenience and facilitation, please avail of any of these, as preferred:
Send remittances to:
Account Name: Olongapo Wesley School Inc.
Bank of the Philippine Islands Olongapo Rizal Branch
Account No. 008783-0683-71
Account Name: Olongapo Wesley Scool Inc.
Metrobank Olongapo Branch
Account No. 144-3-14456679-4
Contact OWS BOT Treasurer Ms. Leah Lazarte-Savares (email@example.com) for any inquiry about sending of remittances, pledges, and other contributions
3. You will be sent a monthly summary of acknowledged receipts as well as updated status of PROJECT JOSHUA.
4. Companions and partners are all encouraged to open Olongapo United Methodist Church Website or Olongapo Wesley School, INC. website or official facebook page (Olongapo Wesley School, Inc.) for fuller details of Church and School current news and future plans especially on PROJECT JOSHUA.
Please feel free to contact any Board of Trustees for any inquiry about our project.
Please be our faithful companions in this most worthy endeavor. We need your persistent prayers and encouragement, our brothers and sisters in Christ. May God favor our intention to expand our territory here in Kalaklan, for His honor and glory, Amen.
1. WE WILL SEEK GOD’S WISE GUIDANCE IN EVERY DECISION THAT WE MAKE
- We will obey and never compromise the VISION AND MISSION OF OWS.
- We commit to fully support and actively participate in all PROJECT JOSHUA initiatives.
- We commit to cooperate in achieving all decisions made for PROJECT JOSHUA.
2. WE BELIEVE THE LAND AND ITS PURPOSE WAS GOD-GIVEN. WE WILL NOT FALTER NOR STOP IN PURSUING THE BEST.
3. WE WILL ADAPT TO CHANGES AND STRATEGIZE ACCORDING TO NEEDS.
4. WE WILL BE RESOURCEFUL AND SELFLESS, FORGETTING ABOUT OUR OWN INTERESTS.
5. WE WILL COURAGEOUSLY TAKE RISKS BY BEING PERSISTENT TO REACH OUR GOALS.
6. LIKE JOSHUA, WE WILL NEVER WAVER IN UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IS RIGHT.
7. JUST AS JOSHUA TRUSTED HIS GOD MORE THAN HIS GIFT, WE WILL NOT RELY AND LEAN ON OUR OWN UNDERSTANDING. JUST AS JOSHUA SUCCEEDED, SO WILL WE.
8. JOSHUA MADE GLORYFYING GOD HIS ULTIMATE OBJECTIVE. WE WILL SIMPLY BE GOD’S INSTRUMENTS IN CARRYING OUT HIS PLANS. OWS HAS BEEN BLESSED WITH PROJECT JOSHUA. WE HAPPILY AND HUMBLY OFFER IT TO GOD’S GLORY!
REV. CRISTINE C. ATRERO